Scorpion Oilfield Services is committed to the health and safety of all employees, contractors, clients, and the public. The ultimate goal of our health and safety policy is to have an accident free environment and protection from accidental loss. All employees and management of Scorpion Oilfield Services are responsible for ensuring that the safety program is continually updated and maintained. Employees at every level are responsible and accountable for our overall safety initiatives.
We take responsibility in upholding this commitment by:
- Complying with applicable safety law, industry standards, and our own policies. Exercise sound judgment when undertaking any work related tasks.
- Making safety considerations an integral part of our planning process.
- Remaining sensitive to the concerns of the public.
- Identifying and mitigating the adverse impacts of our operations on the environment in keeping with good environmental and business practices.
- Responding to safety emergencies in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Committing sufficient resources to ensure that its employees are fully informed of their responsibilities and are trained in safety while performing their duties.
- Taking an active approach to understanding any potential health, safety or environmental issues that may pertain to work undertaken as an employee or contractor of Scorpion Oilfield Services.
All Scorpion Oilfield Services employees and contractors are responsible for obeying all safety rules, following recommended safe work procedures, wearing and using personal protective equipment when required, participating in safety training programs, and informing supervisors of any unsafe work conditions. Our staff is trained to not participate in any activates deemed unsafe; they have the right to refuse unsafe work.
Management, employees, and contractors are all committed to meeting this policy, now and in the future.
The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over the Occupational Health & Safety Act or the Regulations.